Use Neutron Radiography (supported by NIST) to study liquid water transportation and distribution.
Develop an analytical model to predict temperature distribution in the cell.
Design and perform Limiting Current Method to study transport resistance in porous media including carbon fiber layers, microporous layers, and electrodes.
Develop an analytical model and 3D model (Comsol) to capture multi-physics and predict fuel cell performance.
- Zhang, H., Zhu, L., Harandi, H. B., Duan, K., Zeis, R., Sui, P, Chuang, P. A., "Microstructure reconstruction of the gas diffusion layer and analyses of the anisotropic transport properties." Energy Conversion and Management 241 (2021): 114293. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2021.114293
- Zhang, H., Rahman, M. A., Mojica, F., Sui, P, Chuang, P. A., “A Comprehensive Two-Phase Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Model Coupled with Anisotropic Properties and Mechanical Deformation of the Gas Diffusion Layer,” Electrochimica Acta (2021), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2021.138273
- Mendoza, R. M., Mora, J. M., Cervera, R. B., Chuang, P.A., "Experimental and Analytical Study of an Anode‐Supported Solid Oxide Electrolysis Cell," Chemical Engineering & Technology (2020). https://doi.org/10.1002/ceat.202000204
- Rahman, M. A., Mojica, F., Sarker, M., Chuang, P. A., "Development of 1-D multiphysics PEMFC model with dry limiting current experimental validation." Electrochimica Acta (2019): 134601. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2019.134601 (Cited by 6)
- Zhang, H., Xiao, L., Chuang P. A., Djilali, N., Sui, P., “Coupled stress–strain and transport in proton exchange membrane fuel cell with metallic bipolar plates,” Applied Energy 251 (2019): 113316. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113316 (Cited by 1)
- Rahman, M. A., Mora, J. M., Chuang, P. A., “A Computational Study of Flow Sensitivity of a PEM Fuel Cell with Multi-Parallel Flow Channels,” Proceeding of the 2017 COMSOL Conference in Boston, MA (Cited by 1)
- Chen, Y., Mojica, F., Li, G, Chuang, P. A., “Experimental Study and Analytical Modeling of an Alkaline Water Electrolysis Cell,” International Journal of Energy Research 2017;1–9. https://doi.org/10.1002/er.3806 (Cited by 16)
- Heller, K., Chuang, P. A., Brenizer, J., Ünlü, K., “Water Quantification Using Neutron Imaging”, American Nuclear Society, Transactions, 2005, 93(1), 860-861 (Cited by 7)
- Pekula, N., Heller, K., Chuang, P. A., et al., “Study of water distribution and transport in a polymer electrolyte fuel cell using neutron imaging,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors, and Associated Equipment, Volume 542, Issues 1-3, 21 April 2005, pp. 134-141 (Cited by 290)
- Chuang, P. A., Turhan, A., Heller, K., et al., “The nature of flooding and drying in polymer electrolyte fuel cells,” 3rdInternational Conference on Fuel Cell Science, Engineering and Technology, May 23-25, 2005, Ypsilanti, MI, USA (Cited by 25)